Monday, September 7, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Hello everyone!
Where does the time go!?!? We had the family get together and everyone had a good time. And the weather was wonderful. I have been busy getting my son ready for the first day of high school. He is ready but I'm not!!!!
I also have been busy tatting but not much time to blog so this one will be on the long side.

The pictures above and below are of my competition piece for my weekend away in Cambridge for the Fridge's "Fall into Tatting" starting on the 25 of September. We were given a metal napkin holder and we had to decorate it with some tatting. Mine is a planter box. I added flowers and bugs, so it looks a little like the one here at my house. I used some Pearl cotton, South Maid and other threads. I just checked and found out I miss counted my motifs so this one will be #21.


This is a pattern by Carolyn Groves I found on-line. I used South Maid thread for this piece. This will be motif #22.



I have also been busy making some hearts for the Fringe as it is the membership fee for the guild. One heart each year to help share and spread the word about tatting not being a lost art. As it stands now I think I'm good for about another 100 years. The first heart is Georgia's Heart Doily and the others are Celtic Valentine heart by Rachel Jackson this will be motif #23.

And last but not lest some small snowflakes. My girlfriend is going to have a Christmas sale in November at her house and wants me to make some things for the sale, so I started with these snowflakes. They are from the book "Tatted Snowflakes" by Vida Sunderman. These will be motif #24. Its been fun catching up with you and I promise it will not be so long between blogs. Please leave a comment I love reading them!!! Later.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You've been very busy tatting! I LOVE the stars in the bottoms post. They looks so dainty.

    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That first eay of high school is a tearjerker! Hope you fared ok by the end of the day.

    Your tatting is lovely - I especially like the stars.... very pretty.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete