Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Must stop in more often!!!

Hello my friends in Tat Land

Where must I stop in more often? you ask. Well today I was out doing some Easter dinner shopping and had to go to two different stores to look for a smaller turkey and right across the road was a thrift store I had not been into since last summer. So I started in the craft part and found these......

The books were priced the same as they were in the 1940`s and 1950`s. Only .10¢ each and the two doilies were .50¢ for the pair!!!

When ever I go into thrift stores I always look for hankies. They are getting harder and harder to find.

But lucky for me at the cash they had a little basket with hankie in it. I picked up 6 and as you can see 3 of them have tatting on them!!! Just beautiful!! Each hankie cost .75¢ each.

But this was the best purchase and find!!! This lovely round doily in very fine thread. I was both happy and sad to get this piece. Happy because I found it but sad because it only cost me .50¢. All that hard work!!! My treasures cost me a total of $5.70. Not to bad.

Well, must be off. House work waits for no one but me!!

Tatfully Yours
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Wow, didn't you do well? Love the doily and it is sad that whoever it belonged to last didn't value it enough to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had such a lovely afternoon and the spoils of your outting are magnificent!

    Your post has got me thinking, will the time come soon when we can no longer find handkerchiefs embellished with lace in any shops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely finds! It makes me sad to see hand-crafted items devalued. I remember attending a garage sale about 25 years ago and purchasing a dozen crocheted doilies for 25 cents each. The woman selling them hated doilies, and her mother had quite a stash that she left for her... so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it's sad handwork is not valued as much as it used to be, but happy these items found a home with you, because now they are valued. Lucky finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the round hankies. I never find anything like that in the thrift stores around here!

    ReplyDelete